The creative outlet of Anthony Munkholm: thanks for reading

Healing through my words:


Life doesn't give you the people you want,
it gives you the people you need:
to love you, to hate you, to make you, to break you, & to make you the person you were meant to be. -unknown




Love can and will come to those who still believe in it. Hope is the key. Even when faced with disappointment love will still find a way. Even after betrayal love will still knock on your door. Love will come to those who have been hurt before. I will never give up on love. I will even love those who no longer love me. Love is all there is and all there ever will be. -me




I believe I have been given an opportunity to share my successes and my struggles, my up's and my down's, the good and the bad with those who find their way to my blog. I feel I have been given a gift to write. I feel in my heart part of my gift to the world comes through my words. My greatest joy comes through expressing myself here. I write for myself but I feel compelled to share it with you too. I believe in love, compassion, and understanding which I share here.














Sunday, April 4, 2010

An uplifting message for Easter


Everyone has a wonderful gift to offer to humanity and it is the person/s who steps back and looks at the whole picture that will benefit the most.
Have you ever asked yourself what is my gift?
This is a wonderful question that when taken seriously can bring forth some feelings from within that will help us realize how we are all connected. Your gift does not have to be something on a global scale, the mother who hugs her child, the person who rescues a dog or the one who gives a dollar to a homeless man are all offering great gifts.
All our gifts are important and no single gift has more value than the other.
People like The Buddha and Jesus Christ had a wonderful gift of helping others find solutions to incredible circumstances. They had a certain way about them that people would come from thousands of miles away just to get a glimpse of. Jesus and the Buddha inspired people to heal their bodies, to get over immense grief and they encouraged us all to love and care for each other.
Jump ahead a few thousand years and you can look around and see that those traits have never been lost. Today we have wonderful nurses who stay up all night, putting their own troubles on hold to try to comfort someone in the middle of a painful delivery. Nurses wait on patients hand and foot, doing everything from assisting in life saving procedures, to helping a person eat to lending an open heart to someone in need. You need to only spend one night in a hospital with a compassionate nurse to see the similarities of Jesus in these care takers.
We have wonderful teachers who put their own financial desires on hold to try to help a young boy/girl reach their fullest potential. We have teachers who are working in classrooms filled with 40 students, we have teachers spending their own money on supplies, and we have teachers who are staying after their shift to help a young student understand a complex topic. When you find or know a teacher who is going above and beyond do us all a favor and thank them for their wonderful gift they are giving society.
The firemen and policeman of this world offer us a sense of security and comfort. For when we lay down our heads on our pillows at night we can rest assured with a simple phone call we can have help on the way. What a gorgeous gift these men/women offer, they are willing to put their own lives on the line in order to better serve humanity.
All of us have a great gift to offer, if you have ever smiled at a stranger or opened a door for someone whose hands are full you are doing the work of God. If you have picked a piece of trash off the ground or donated money to a charity you are doing the work we know is right.
Simply listen to your heart and all of us will be able to find our gift. When we focus on these gifts we can lift the spirits of the entire planet.
The Universe is based on well being and when we go with the stream and do what we know is right the benefit we give to ourselves and others is the greatest gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment