The creative outlet of Anthony Munkholm: thanks for reading

Healing through my words:


Life doesn't give you the people you want,
it gives you the people you need:
to love you, to hate you, to make you, to break you, & to make you the person you were meant to be. -unknown




Love can and will come to those who still believe in it. Hope is the key. Even when faced with disappointment love will still find a way. Even after betrayal love will still knock on your door. Love will come to those who have been hurt before. I will never give up on love. I will even love those who no longer love me. Love is all there is and all there ever will be. -me




I believe I have been given an opportunity to share my successes and my struggles, my up's and my down's, the good and the bad with those who find their way to my blog. I feel I have been given a gift to write. I feel in my heart part of my gift to the world comes through my words. My greatest joy comes through expressing myself here. I write for myself but I feel compelled to share it with you too. I believe in love, compassion, and understanding which I share here.














Saturday, April 10, 2010


I cannot express in words how important and beneficial I feel it is to do your best to find yourself in a state of feeling joy first and then going about your day.
Joy and love are feelings/words that can be interchanged in any thought and when I do my best to see through the eyes of love first I am going with what my soul knows is right.
I am doing my best not to judge others who see the world differently than me but instead I am attempting to understand their perspective. I need not agree with their point of view but there is great value in appreciating the diversity of our thoughts that allows us as a species to continue to expand.
When I find reasons to feel good before engaging anyone or any subject I know I feel strongly about I am more likely to be receptive to others who see it differently.
When I find myself feeling anger, resentment or frustration towards another that is a very important signal from within that I am resisting what my soul knows is right. In these moments I try to ask myself, “What would love do?” For when we use anger to engage others are true ability to rationalize and draw logical conclusions is almost always lost.
Love does not get mad that someone sees it different, love does not start to criticize and belittle others when they have a different point of view. Love understands that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and accepting that there are other ways to see things does not mean we must conform. Acceptance means we are willing to give others the respect they deserve and opens the doors to a greater understanding for all involved.
Some would call this tolerance, but tolerance is not a place I want to be either, for in my tolerating of another that I disagree with I am still feeling negative emotions. Rather than tolerate, I choose to try to understand what it is that would bring them to those conclusions.
In an attempt to truly understand another’s beliefs without casting judgment we allow ourselves the ability to find peaceful resolutions to anything. Furthermore when we do our best to comprehend another’s beliefs, that honest effort can do wonders in releasing any tension that may have started to build.
Do your best to appreciate the opinions of others for in your mode of appreciation it is easier to talk about complex issues in a civilized manner.
When we believe that there is benefit in truly honoring another’s feelings, suddenly diversity does not seem so scary but instead we can embrace the fact that our soul offers us the greatest freedom of all. For within our soul we will always find are highest truth and the ability to feel and think any way we choose. Within our soul we will discover that no one is ever truly right or wrong.
This simple idea of listening to another’s point of view with an open heart can and will bring peace to a household. And when that household practices with true intention this easy process the results will be undeniable. Arguments will cease to exist, confrontation will become a thing of that past and from that point forward love and understanding will always come first.
Our neighbors will take note and the change will come. It is not our job to change the beliefs of anyone but instead work within ourselves to welcome the views of everyone.
The diversity of thought on this planet is one of the greatest gift we as humans have ever been given. For within the diversity of thought springs forth so many new ideas. And these ideas are the reason that life on this planet continues to get better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment