The creative outlet of Anthony Munkholm: thanks for reading

Healing through my words:


Life doesn't give you the people you want,
it gives you the people you need:
to love you, to hate you, to make you, to break you, & to make you the person you were meant to be. -unknown




Love can and will come to those who still believe in it. Hope is the key. Even when faced with disappointment love will still find a way. Even after betrayal love will still knock on your door. Love will come to those who have been hurt before. I will never give up on love. I will even love those who no longer love me. Love is all there is and all there ever will be. -me




I believe I have been given an opportunity to share my successes and my struggles, my up's and my down's, the good and the bad with those who find their way to my blog. I feel I have been given a gift to write. I feel in my heart part of my gift to the world comes through my words. My greatest joy comes through expressing myself here. I write for myself but I feel compelled to share it with you too. I believe in love, compassion, and understanding which I share here.














Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Heart


It was not until very recently that I came to the realization that wearing my heart on my sleeve may not be where it is most comfortable,
Wearing my heart on my sleeve projects need,
Wearing my heart on my sleeve creates expectations,
In these moments I am not being myself and I am setting myself up for disappointment,

The aching in my gut whispering that this is not who you really are,
Perhaps trying to fill a void,
A void that no other person but myself can fill,

There is nothing that I need,
There is nothing I must do or be,
This is me, in the flesh,
Strong, compassionate, genuine, and pure,

Wearing my heart over my chest,
Bleeding out love and faith,
Radiating peace and hope,
Creating desire upon desire,
This is where my heart belongs,

I am not afraid to give my heart because this is who I am,
I try to honor my emotions and share what I am feeling,
There is power in the ability to be who I really am,
And there is weakness in my mindless attempts to be what I am not,
Being true to myself allows me to be true to you,

There is strength in honesty,
I must be honest with myself even if it does not produce what my mind thinks it wants,
I will try to listen to my heart and give it to all,
My heart does not want to be restricted,
Giving love to even those that feel inside all they have is fear,
Even opening my heart to those who may hate,

No regrets but rather circumstances that allowed me to create a brighter future,
Releasing guilt because I worked with what I had,
Pride in living through my heart,
Guided from my center, giving it without exception,
Enjoying the fun for what it was, is, and still may be,

My heart belongs on my chest, and when I keep it there and stay centered I am the person that I know I am meant to be,
Reminding my heart it does not need to be on my sleeve because I am all that I need,
Even though it can be hard for some to give up their heart I will give you mine;
Take it or leave it this is who I am.






No comments:

Post a Comment