The creative outlet of Anthony Munkholm: thanks for reading

Healing through my words:


Life doesn't give you the people you want,
it gives you the people you need:
to love you, to hate you, to make you, to break you, & to make you the person you were meant to be. -unknown




Love can and will come to those who still believe in it. Hope is the key. Even when faced with disappointment love will still find a way. Even after betrayal love will still knock on your door. Love will come to those who have been hurt before. I will never give up on love. I will even love those who no longer love me. Love is all there is and all there ever will be. -me




I believe I have been given an opportunity to share my successes and my struggles, my up's and my down's, the good and the bad with those who find their way to my blog. I feel I have been given a gift to write. I feel in my heart part of my gift to the world comes through my words. My greatest joy comes through expressing myself here. I write for myself but I feel compelled to share it with you too. I believe in love, compassion, and understanding which I share here.














Saturday, May 22, 2010



Life is a pure flame,
and we live by an invisible sun within us.
Sir Thomas Brown


Well I got up this morning and had two puppies laying on me and sharing their love. I had a puppy cuddle up next to me last night and keep me warm. My dogs represent unconditional love, they are the ultimate role models. My dogs are a source of inspiration for me. I try to take that love they give to me and share it with everyone else. Dog’s do not care what color my skin is, how much money I make, or what my political or spiritual views are. Dogs (really animals in general) are a gift from God. They are here to remind us that love is the answer and when I start my morning off with a puppy in my lap it is easy to remember that God is right. Feeling loved and giving love when I first wake up helps me lay a foundation to have a day filled with more.

I brewed some coffee this morning and the smell of it is a heavenly aroma for me. It tickles my senses and reminds me that I am alive. As I stumble down the stairs early in the morning the world is not quite awake yet. Nothing starts my day off better than a kitchen filled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

As I opened the patio door to allow my fury friends to do the morning business the birds are just beginning to wake up. I love waking up with the world, it feels so right to me. Watching the morning fog start to retreat, seeing the sun beginning to poke his head out over the mountains and saying goodnight to the moon are all reasons I enjoy getting up early in the morning.

After I take a few deep breaths of the fresh crisp outdoor air, I feel inside that it is time to go within and tend to my soul. My soul will never impose its will on me, but I do know that when I close my eyes, breath deep and just let go I will see, feel and know that my morning meditation ritual is the reason my life has become so meaningful. Meditation has given me an entirely new perspective on life, I have seen my purpose. I have felt the love and compassion and am excited to give it back.
Upon opening my eyes I am inspired to write so I sit down on my computer, coffee in hand and begin to tap into my creative side and write. What shall I write about today I often find myself wondering. Shall I try to compose a poem, perhaps scribe some affirmations to keep this good attitude going or maybe I will just write and see where my “muse” takes me.

My senses become more and more alive with every passing second. I know at this time in the day, that there is so much more to life then what I see, taste, touch, hear and smell. At this time of day it is obvious to me that life is about how I feel. My emotions are the greatest sense I have.

The way I feel is such an important sense to me. My emotions are something I am striving to never ignore. For my “gut” will never let me down. This morning “FEELS” good to me and that is a sign from God that I am on the right track today. I can feel love from my dogs, I can feel joy as the sun rises and I can feel the optimism as I sit here and write and put myself in a good feeling place before my day truly takes off.

This is a wonderful way to wake up. I am not worried about what needs to get done today, I can save that for later. I am not thinking about next week, or yesterday, I am finding reasons to stay focused in the present. What is true for me right now. I know that if something is bothering me or I feel bad about something that I can and do have the power to change the way I feel. I am not bound by my situations or feelings, I am in control and I decide how I feel.

I am filled with feelings of gratitude, optimism and hope. I am grateful that I have learned how valuable it is to put myself in a good feeling place before I start my day. I am optimistic that by taking these few moments early in the morning that I will have a great day, and when those bumps in the road do come along I am better prepared to handle them. I am hopeful that every day will continue to get better and better.

I am happy to be alive, I am happy to be a child of a God. I am truly grateful for this experience I have chosen to have. I am mentally, physically and spiritual ready to handle my day now. I am not scared or overwhelmed by how much I have to do today, because I know I have taken the time to get myself ready for whatever today might bring. So I say to you world, “Bring it on cause I can handle it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment