The creative outlet of Anthony Munkholm: thanks for reading

Healing through my words:


Life doesn't give you the people you want,
it gives you the people you need:
to love you, to hate you, to make you, to break you, & to make you the person you were meant to be. -unknown




Love can and will come to those who still believe in it. Hope is the key. Even when faced with disappointment love will still find a way. Even after betrayal love will still knock on your door. Love will come to those who have been hurt before. I will never give up on love. I will even love those who no longer love me. Love is all there is and all there ever will be. -me




I believe I have been given an opportunity to share my successes and my struggles, my up's and my down's, the good and the bad with those who find their way to my blog. I feel I have been given a gift to write. I feel in my heart part of my gift to the world comes through my words. My greatest joy comes through expressing myself here. I write for myself but I feel compelled to share it with you too. I believe in love, compassion, and understanding which I share here.














Monday, June 21, 2010

For Meredith



I am a strong person,
I have been through so much,
I have become so accustomed to going at it alone,
Please understand that I do want you by my side,

Taking one day at a time,
Doing my best to let you in,
Working on letting go of my deepest fears,
Grateful for the patience you have displayed up to this point,

I am healing this heart,
You have tried so hard to help me mend those wounds,
Coming to the realizations that letting go is what is best,
Trusting that you will pick me up if I fall back down,

Turning a new page in this relationship every day,
Willing to learn from my mistakes in the past,
Wanting to take you by the hand and move forward,
Maybe it is your shoulder I should seek to rest my head on once in a while,

Oh how part of me wishes we could start over,
And yet I do not think I really would,
The trouble that we have been through together is only going to make us stronger,
Such an appreciation I have in my heart for the experiences we have had,

I want to let you in,
The ability to be vulnerable with you is something I do not want to fear,
I want to provide you with the safety and comfort that you are yearning for,
I want to show you in better ways the love I truly have for you,

Thank you for encouraging me to take this journey,
Thank you for being my crutch to lean on,
I want to return the favor,
I just want to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment